We are incredibly pleased to be partnering with the Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit in Singapore, to be held October 31 – Nov 2, 2023. Our goal is help bring more perspectives and voices from Japan’s food and agriculture innovation scene into the lively debates in Singapore.
Join us there! We’ll be happy to introduce you to people we know or navigate all the events going on.
Meros has been attending this event every year since it started. It has become one of our favorite events in the region, because unlike a basic conference or expo, this summit emphasizes learning, debating and presenting on solutions to the most pressing issues facing our industry. It is a chance to ask questions. A chance to connect with potential partners. A chance to hear from the world’s leading agribusinesses, food brands, growers, entrepreneurs, and investors to discuss how technology and investment can be targeted to have the greatest impact on the agri-food value chain in the Asia-Pacific region.
We have seen a growing number of Japanese companies attending the Summit in the last few years. But we still feel there are so many perspectives and experiences from Japan’s agri-food and technology scenes that would valuable additions to the debates, from Japanese food industry innovations to seaweed farming and aquaculture to biostimulants and soil health.
This year’s event will cover agri-food tech, indoor agriculture and blue economy (aquaculture and ocean-based businesses). Key topics for 2023 include:
- Decarbonisation: Carbon Footprint, Carbon Markets and Climate Mitigation in Agriculture
- Food Security: Addressing Supply Chain Disruptions and Building Resilience
- Digital Transformation: De-Risking Smallholder Farming with Agri-Tech and Agri-Fintech
- Soil Health: Ensuring a Stable Supply of Biological Crop Protection and Nutrition
- CEA Resource Efficiency: Driving Technology and Policy Innovation for Energy Resilience
- Indoor Farming Genetics: Expanding the Supply Chain for Genetically Optimised Seeds
- Nutrition and Health: Health Aging, Clean-Label, and the Gut-Brain Axis
- Future of Proteins in Asia: Animal,Plant-Based, Microbial & Cell-Based Proteins
- Blue Food Production: Accelerating Digitisation and Circular Systems in Aquaculture
- Scale-Up Finance: New Investment Models Supporting Agri-Tech and Food-Tech
- Strategic Partnerships: Building Bridges for a Food-Secure and Crisis-Proof Food System
- Ecosystem Building: Connecting the Dots across the Asia-Pacific Region
The Summit offers many events occurring simultaneously, so it works for different people’s topics of interest and networking styles. There are panels and discussions led by thought-leaders and industry experts, who give real world examples and cutting-edge insights on technologies, trends and recent business successes and failures.
But the Summit also consciously engineers many opportunities for spontaneous meetings with new people – networking events, small round table discussions, 1-to-1 networking spaces, bottomless coffee, start-ups pitch events and lunches featuring new food products from attending start-ups and companies. It makes it easy to strike up conversations with new people, from start-ups, food brands and agribusinesses, investors and R&D departments.
Why Singapore? Singapore is rapidly becoming the APAC hub of the agrifood innovation eco-system, spurred by the Singapore government’s ambitious “30 by 30” vision, which aims for 30% of Singapore’s nutritional needs to be produced locally by 2030, up from less than 10% today. But Singapore is also creating a supportive environment for entrepreneurship and innovation in the space (Meros has been blow away by the start-ups we have met and mentored through the GROW accelerator program in Singapore.) And the city’s access to regional markets makes it an attractive launchpad for new business in the region. In short, Singapore is where many of the most influential discussions and product launches are being made today.
Use our code MEROS10 for an extra 10% off or get in touch with us to learn more about how this dynamic event works.